Voting

Friday, February 5, 2010

We may be losing one of our pooches...


This is a sad post, but I wanted to ask for prayer for the kids in light of the declining health of our older dachshund, Annie. She is nearly 13 and is in bad shape tonight. She started having some seizures over the past couple of days for unknown reasons. We have not taken her to the vet because we know they will hand us a huge bill and a dog they can do nothing for. Right now we cannot handle a huge bill. And we know there is nothing that can be done for her. So we keep her as comfortable as possible and watch for signs of pain and discomfort. It is hard to think of losing our 4 legged friends. Every family goes through it, but it never gets any easier. I like to think that they are ushered into Heaven as part of God's beloved creation. Heaven does have animals afterall. I guess one day we will know for sure....

6 comments:

Sophie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, that's very sad and I'm sure difficult on the kids. I will keep your family in my prayers

Kristin Ferguson said...

I'll put our prayer warrior, Josi, right on this request. I'll talk to you when I get back from church this morning. Hope Hunter and the girls are doing ok this morning.

Kristin

Karin said...

I'm so sorry. It's amazing how much we can love and miss our four-legged friends. I will pray for your kids--and for you and Randy. Hugs!!

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, my friend, I am so sorry. I know all too well how hard it is. They become family. Yes, I will be praying for ALL your hearts in the coming days--trusting that God would envelop you in His love, and His peace.

Sending you a HUGE hug today! Wish I could do it in person.

Kristin Ferguson said...

I'm so sorry Annie is no longer around to keep you guys company and be part of your wonderful family. We will be praying for the comfort of your kids and for you too Lisa. It's soooo hard to lose a pet. :(

Love,
Kristin

tcup235 said...

That's a really sweet picture of Annie with Kate. I'm so sorry that you no longer have Annie, but I'm glad she was part of your family for a time (even though it means so much sadness now; I'll be praying for all 5 girls & Randy too).

P.S. I'm trusting Muffin's not to sad too & can provide some real comfort as ya'll love on her!