Voting

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Memorable quote...

I discovered this quote and liked it immediately. It is a good reminder as we live in this modern day Babylon where every message seems to target our materialism genes. I personally believe that God is a lot less concerned with our comfort than we think He is. Listen, we will rest on the other side, my friends. Right now , we are here to serve God and work for His kingdom. We are here to pick up our cross and follow Him. And , remember, Christ owned NOTHING while on this earth...........

"The richest person is not the one who HAS THE MOST, but the one who NEEDS THE LEAST."

PS...Our sweet little Annie is gone. We hope and pray that we will see her again one fine day.

6 comments:

Kristin Ferguson said...

Amen sister!!! Does my new luggage count since we bought it to go rescue Nadia? tee hee. Just kidding. I totally agree with this quote and hope to go through life "less needy" each day!!!

Since there are definitely horses in heaven (See Revelation) then we've always told our kids that that means that all animals are allowed--except for possums I hope! Bleck!!

Adeye said...

I am sooooo sorry about your dear little Annie my friend. So hard. Yes, we believe our pets are in heaven. Some may differ...that's okay :)

LOVE LOVE that quote.

Sophie said...

I'm sorry to hear about Annie, I'm sure the kids are very upset. I will say a prayer for your family.

Karin said...

So sorry about your little Annie. Praying for you all...

Love the quote...very meaty and something to think about. I totally agree with it.

TanyaLea said...

So true! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your Annie. Pets are such a big part of our families, and you never realize just how much until they are gone. Praying for your broken hearts.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your b-day wishes for Khloe. The wait is hard...especially during special occassions like b-days...but we KNOW and TRUST that God WILL bring us to her in HIS perfect timing. It's looking like our travels should be around the end of March or in April sometime. We are making our heart's desires known in prayer, that we can travel end of March, as this is when our kids are on spring break, that way they would miss less school, so it would be perfect. Only God can make it happen!! :)

I have visited your blog before... I remember many 0f your I Heart Faces posts... you have SUCH a beautiful family... and Kate is quite the little model!! ;)

Take care and God bless! <><
~ Tanya

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Love that quote!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Oh and your daughters are gorgeous!!