Voting

Monday, July 13, 2009

On the Other Side...

Well...it is over for this year. No more visits to Duke. No more MRIs . No more surgeries. Kate had her baseline MRI (post-operative) today and everything looked great. Praise God! At one point the neurologist said "I see no spinal cord fluid buildup so that's great." All the while i am thinking "Spinal cord fluid buildup???" Was that a possibility??? I must say, for me anyway, ignorance IS bliss. I am strictly on a need-to -know basis. Do not tell me all the scarey scenarios. I do NOT want to know. Anyway, this MRI was long (again) but much smoother than the first. She was sedated interveinously.(NO more yucky tasting medicine to spit out all over mom this time.) So it was quick. The downside was having to find a vein. Kate is very petite and her veins are buried. Really! I warned the nurses and they whole-heartedly agreed with me. However, our nurse found one on the first try. Answer to prayer!!! The rest was pretty noneventful. I do have to say that i was amazed at Kate's reaction to even driiving up to Duke and parking in the deck. SHE KNEW!!! She hadn't forgotten a thing since her surgery. Poor baby. Thank you to all who prayed for her. It was a much better experience this time and we are so glad to be on the other side....

2 comments:

Adeye said...

woohoo---what a wonderful praise report tonight. I was waiting for good news :)

Nicole said...

GREAT NEWS!!!
:-)
-Nicole
www.bakerssweets.blogspot.com