Voting

Friday, July 9, 2010

Guess What ! We're Adopting Again!!!!

As much as I wish it could be another of God's little girls somewhere in the world, this time we are adopting a creature of the 4-legged persuasion. I have 3 daughters that are horse crazy (one of which is completely bonkers) . The completely crazy one has been begging for a horse of our own for many moons now. Anyone who knows anything about horses knows that they can be very expensive to keep. Therefore the answer was always a resounding "no", unfortunately. Well, the prayers must have been ascending from our house  to the throne of Heaven in droves because a couple of weeks ago a friend of Randy's    (who has a horse farm and has been attending a Bible study that Randy has been leading ) offered us a horse for a few months. He appreciated the fact that the horse would have so much attention and love and would be ridden, and it was one less for him to worry about. Swell!! except for the fact that we had no place to keep a horse. We called a neighbor who also has horses and asked if she had room for one more. She did!!!One more mountain, we cannot afford horse boarding. Our neighbor offered that the girls could exchange stable duties for boarding costs. Really???? No one but God could have worked this out. How amazingly sweet  of Him to give my girls the desires of their hearts like this. So, without further ado, meet the newest, much anticipated,  member of the Allen family...Barron, our bay, Tennessee Walker.

10 comments:

sal22nik said...

Exciting, but you TOTALLY had me fooled!!! I was about to pick up the phone and call Kristin after looking at your post title! :) ENJOY!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Are you Hunter's favorite person now that you posted this??? Great job on the title and the many "tricks" you'll be playing on people--like my sis!

Next time I see this title, though, I want it to be of the 2-legged kind! :)

Once your photography business is up and going you'll be able to get a few more to add to the fold!

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Congrats on the addition of your four-legged (and very large) baby. I loved to ride growing up so I understand Hunter's dream of having one. It's amazing how God provided to make it possible.

I must admit you had me fooled with the title, too! I'm with Kristin, next time you announce an adoption, I want a photo of a two-legged treasure posted with it.

Hope all is well with your family!

Kathie

looneywench said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
looneywench said...

I almost had a heart attack. Actually, I think my mind blanked for a second. Maybe I passed out...

Karin said...

OK--my heart skipped a beat at the title of your post (you are SO bad!!). Your new horse is gorgeous! I will be expecting to see lots and lots of awesome horse pics on your blog. :)

Soooo bummed that I missed your call yesterday. :( Would have been so fun to talk.

Sophie said...

Girl you had me going! I jumped off my seat when I read your title.

So happy for the girls though, that is very exciting for them, and praise God how He orchestrated everything it all worked out perfectly!!

Still praying for a two legged blessing!!

Holly said...

That was very naughty of you Lisa. You totally had ME going!! okay, horse...nice...but not the same impact ; )

Adeye said...

That is soooooo wonderful. I just love how God works things out...how He loves to bless His children with the desires of their hearts.

I'm with the Kristin....waiting in anticipation for the next two legged adoption :)

tcup235 said...

Love it for all 4 girls, especially Hunter!! (did kinda chuckle though wondering if all will still WANT a horse after a month or 2 of actually having one, but hey, maybe all the work will make the sorrows of parting at least sweet enough to bear!! ;-)