Voting

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hello Again and Hunter is 14!!!

OK...it has been a while since the last post. School is over for another year.Finishing up this year was a full time effort. In the fall I am teaching 9th, 7th and 3rd grades plus keeping a preschooler happy. (I think I am tired already.) But for now, I am enjoying my first week of summer with my girls. I cannot remember anticipating another summer as much as I have this  one.  And now it has come...
I have been wanting to post my eldest daughter's, Hunter, 14th birthday party. It was actually almost a month ago now. She had her best buddies over for a cookout, homemade ice cream Sundays and some girl time. She is now 14 and I have no idea how she got that old. (Wasn't I just watching the stick turn blue and telling Randy that we were going to have a baby?) Anyway , this one is a spitfire... fiercely independent, passionate about horses , knowing exactly how the world should run, computer whiz,  adoption advocate , lover of  fore lorn animals and anything Japanese. I am grateful that Jesus is always watching over her, and I pray that she will stay by His side all of the days of her life. Happy Birthday Bootsie!!!
( In the first photo , Hunter is wearing Western chaps that she received from her Grandparents as a birthday gift. Even a horse lover can be pushed to her limit.  Note her body language as she is obliged to try them on. Hee hee!)

7 comments:

jody said...

Happy Belated birthday to Hunter. Tylar turns 20 today. Enjoy some down time, I will see you this week! Yeah for summer!!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Happy Birthday (again) Hunter! Can't wait to see you up in Philadelphia at the airport! (Just kidding!) Wish you guys were here with us! We're been hanging out at TGIFriday's for the last few hours--we have to keep ordering stuff so they don't get mad at us--not such a bad deal huh?

Adeye said...

happy birthday sweet girl! LOVE the pics. Absolutely wonderful to see you precious fanmily, my friend. Can't wait to hug you all in person :) SOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Happy belated birthday to Hunter!!! She is a beautiful young lady and from your description it sounds as if she's just as beautiful inside. I LOVE the chaps. Too fun. (And her expression . . . too funny.)

I know exactly how you feel that it seems like yesterday you were pregnant with her. Their childhoods go way too fast. But it is a blessing to see that the older they get, the closer they become to the Lord.

Happy Summer!

Kathie

tcup235 said...

quite relieved to read the cowboy chaps were too much for even horse loving Hunter (I was thinking, 'now, what was she thinking asking for those?' and then 'I bet Logan's making that face looking at them!' ;-). Looks like she had fun & hope you did too. Time does fly--and all we can do is treasure every moment of the journey. Happy Birthday 'anniversary' Boots!!

tcup235 said...

forgot to mention--LOVE seeing Kate's head right in the middle of her teenage sister's party! (treasure every moment reminder--only 11 years till we wish that sweet one Happy 14th!)

Jean said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter, Hunter!

Great job- teaching and managing a family! I hope you have a GREAT summer!

Blessings to you! (and yes, it all goes way to fast...)