Voting

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day....My Gift This Year !!!

Well, this was an interesting Father's day for me. I just have to say that I am glad my father is still with me. He almost wasn't. Almost two weeks ago my father was driving in his 89 toyota pickup (yes, that is 1989) and turned on the airconditioning. He heard a strange sound and then there was an explosion within the engine area . The next thing he knows, the truck is on fire and smoke and flames are billowing into the cab through the vents. My father was able to get out but, in grabbing his wallet and cell phone, he burned his hands. By the time the fire engines arrived, flames were shooting 15 feet into the air. The truck was a total loss.
My father did receive some burns, but I don't have to tell you how tragically this story could have ended. In my mind, I can see the door jamming closed and my father unable to get out of the fire. I easily could have been planning and  attending his funeral this week. So ...I really want to thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to have and keep my earthly father for another day and another Father's Day.

5 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, friend, that totally gives me chills. Wow--the hand of the Almighty at work right there!

Sending you a HUGE hug tonight.

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Oh, praise God for His protection for your father!!! Thinking that you could be planning his funeral certainly puts things into perspective. What a special day to cherish having another year with your dad.

Much Love,
Kathie

Sophie said...

How scary for the poor man. Praise God he was able to get out of the truck without severe injuries or worse. What a blessing that you were able to honor your father today.
{{hugs}}

tcup235 said...

Yikes!!! I hope his burned hands are on the way to recovery, but I'm so thankful God protected your Dad. Sorry for that terrible scare for you 2 weeks ago, but I'm glad for the sweet celebration yesterday!

Karin said...

Wow...that is scary. Thank you, Jesus for protecting your Dad.