Voting

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Counting My Blessings



























Our family was treated to the mountains this Thanksgiving! The area was so beautiful. We slept 50 feet from a waterfall and left the windows open all night so we could be lulled to sleep by the muffled roar . I happened to awake about 4 in the morning one day and peered up into the sky. The stars were so big and so bright i woke Randy up to share them with me. I never knew stars could look like that! It all started my thinking about how richly blessed I am. And so I thought I would post some photos showing my greatest treasures on Earth. Lord, I pray that I am always the one healed leper that returns to say thank you.
PS...Lord, the snow on Thanksgiving day was icing on the cake! Loved it!

9 comments:

jody said...

Lisa-Where were you? So very beautiful! Please fill me in-jody

Kristin Ferguson said...

Beautiful photos. I want to go!!! I especially loved the close-up of Hunter!! That's a winner! Talk to you after we educate, counsel, doctor, and love on our kids this am. :)

Kristin

Adeye said...

Oh my gosh--I want to live right there :) So stunning. Is that in NC? The pics are just absolutely beautiful. You have such a gift.

Love you, dear friend. Holding your family before the Father and trusting for His absolute BEST for you!!!!

trustandobey said...

cool tee hee
Logan

Sophie said...

I just love the pictures. Did you take the one of Kate? It's stunning. My youngest is adopted from Guatemala as well, she's been home with us for 2 years.I enjoy your blog
Blessings

Kristin Ferguson said...

Kate looks absolutely adorable in the new header picture! I like the hints of pink in her cheeks. Nice touch!

Karin said...

These photos are GORGEOUS!!! I love them!! You slept with the windows open? In late Nov.? How wonderful is that? :) (Yes, I dream of living in a place where they have 'Tender Tennessee Christmas's.')

Karin said...

By the way...did you take the new header photo? LOVE IT!!!!

tcup235 said...

So thankful that your Thanksgiving was a good one (and in such a beautiful setting with blue skies & snow too--almost too good to be true but glad it was!!) Hope your Aunt enjoyed time with all your girls (and I agree with Kristin, all photos great but I've gone back to Hunter's close-up several times because it's just so great; hope she likes it--don't think I have a pic of me at her age that I ever liked, but that one's a beautiful photo of a beautiful girl whatever her current opinion may be on the subject!)