Voting

Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a journey so far....




Well, if someone had told us how the past two months would unfold, we would not have believed it. God delivered us to and from Guatemala safely and then down came the rain. Two days after we arrived back in town, we took Kate to our pediatrician for a checkup. I pointed out to her that there was a small bump on the base of her backbone . Our Doctor sent Kate for an MRI and then we got the news that she would have to have surgery and would be in the hospital for a week flat ,on her back. Unbelievable!!!!! So we prepared the best we could for what seemed surreal. After all, we had been promised a healthy child, hadn't we? In the meantime we also learned that Kate would be wearing glasses to correct a problem in one eye. I worried how I would keep glasses on a 2 yr old along with all the other stressers we were facing. I just prayed. The glasses arrived and Kate put them on and really never took them off. Again unbelievable! Throughout this tumultuous time we had a lot of prayer warriors circle the wagons around us. We are very thankful for all those who hit their knees on our behalf and for all the prayers that lifted us up during that difficult time.

1 comment:

tcup235 said...

OK, first keeping in mind scholastic records of long ago document I can't spell, so not a criticism but an observation--for myself, "worrier" accurately describes how I went about attempting to fulfill the 2nd half of Phil 4:7 without obeying the command which begins the verse. But, I trust more friends than not put on the armor of Eph 6 and "soldiered" on their knees as the warriors His children are intended to be; and regardless, I'm grateful for the peace of vs 8 which can guard even the "worriers" like me