Voting

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Friends New and Old...

Me , Karin and Kristin


Jeff and Randy


Upside down Sara Grace


Jake, um , there is someone we would like you to meet....

This is Kate!

And this was the mutual reaction..sigh...


Karin's Kate and my Kate


Olivia, Micheal and Logan



Karin receives flowers from her sweet babies.







Whoowee, now THAT is a handsome couple!



Group shot..thank you, Hunter and Taylor, for being in this one:)

The definition of fun: getting 15 children in one good shot!!!

My family and I had the privilege of meeting some blog friends this past week. Karin and her husband Jeff and nine of their 10 children were in route to South Carolina to see their 10th child and eldest son, Ryan, graduate from bootcamp. We were able to rendezvous in Benson , NC as they headed south on 95. My friend, Kristin, and 2 of her children also journeyed to Benson to meet the Prunty family. We met at a small park/playground area so that the Prunty kids could really stretch after 10+ hours of being in a car. We 3 families REALLY filled up that playground quickly. Karin and I have had this vision of marrying her Guatemalan son to my Guatemalan daughter for a little while now. We were both excited to get photos of the 2 of them seeing each other for the first time. Well...I think we are safe to say that it wasn't exactly love at first sight. Never-the-less, the paparazzi was flashing as we FORCED our 3 year olds to stand together and smile in each others' general direction. Sigh.
I think Kristin would agree that the time together was short but so sweet. Who would have ever guessed that you could make such heart connections over the internet ... just another blessing of sharing the passion for adoption and love for the same God.

7 comments:

Kristin Ferguson said...

Am I the OLD friend? I resemble that remark (again). :) Yes, the outing was a special treat and I'm still amazed that Karin and Jeff fed their entire family with just 2 large pizzas!!! Great pictures as usual. Can't wait until the video montage at Kate and Jake's wedding with these "first meeting" photos included. ha ha

Kristin (46 and proud of it!!!)

Adeye said...

I LOVE your OLD friend :):):) Totally ancient :)

Hahahahahaha!

I'm so glad you got to spend some precious moments together. And, oh my word, you seriously ARE in one of those pics. Totally amazing :)

Love the photos.

TanyaLea said...

Oh, what a FUN time! I dream of meeting more of my precious bloggy friends. God has blessed me with some wonderful friendships through this avenue, and I am SO grateful for each!!

Fun photos of beautiful people!!
<><
Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

Sophie said...

Looks like the kids had a great time. What a blessing to have the opportunity to meet, I'm hoping I get to meet some bloggy friends some day, including you!

I love the look on Jake and Kate's faces.

Karin said...

Kristin...don't worry, I'm 46 and proud of it, too! :) I am still cracking up over Kate and Jake's reaction to each other. SOME DAY, there will be some mutual admiration. :) We just have to change our strategy. hehe

Taylor is still giving me tons of crap about my cyber stalking. I'll never live it down. :)

I really need to get pics of us up on my blog. I just got momentarily blinded by rage over the health care debacle.

tcup235 said...

That pic of Kate & Jake really is priceless (even if it hadn't had all the build up!). Michael & Olivia didn't seem to mind being all squished together for a photo with Logan though, so maybe the whole Olympian gymnast offspring thing will work out even if the Guatemalan connection thing doesn't ;-)! Looks like a good time was had by all (even Kate & Jake!) and it's awesome you were able to spend time together (sorry it required Karin & Jeff taking a road trip with 9 kids, but as I reckon that's status quo for them, I'm glad they could travel so close by!).

P.S. Kristin--OLD seems younger & younger every year :-)!!

jody said...

None of you look old. Before reading the comments I was really thinking wow,what beautiful women! REALLY! I am glad you all met and had a great time. My invite will be next. Lisa, lets get together soon! Jody