Voting

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And the winner is....


the Ferguson family!!! They have now embarked on this wonderful journey that we call adoption. With all of its ups and downs and ins and outs and highs and lows and endless opportunities to trust the Lord, Jim and Kristin are in it for the long run!!! They have picked a little pumpkin off Reese's Rainbow named Nadine. They had decided that her name should be Nadia, in keeping with her heritage, and then , as only God would work it out, found out her name really is Nadia! She is perfect for them and it was really no surprise to me that she was the one that God was leading them to. She is a spunky looking ,blue-eyed beauty who looks as though she is interested in everything. I am still walking on the clouds over this amazing miracle. It has been nothing short of fun and excitement since Kristin made their announcement. Hang in there, you two. There will be storms to come, there always are, but I believe that when God opens eyes to the need of the world's orphans , He really lets us SEE HIM in a fresh and new way. It will change you forever....You are the winners! You get a precious lamb! You get the untold blessings that adoption brings. You get to serve God in this very tangible way and save a life at the same time! You win!

8 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh my friend--she is just so absolutely beautiful. I am soooooo excited for your dear friends...and the fact that you will get to hug her in person :) I love how the Father worked it all out.

Wish you could be joining us for lunch on Saturday. Maybe someday we can meet in person too. So much happening here...that it may just work out :)

Karin said...

She is such a precious little punkin! So happy for her and her new family!!

jody said...

Yeah, I will continue to pray for all of them. I know you are so excited for them! My heart is breaking for all those orphans in Haiti..such fear in their eyes.

Kristin Ferguson said...

Yes, we're definitely the winners! Thank you for your love and support and cattle-prodding to get us to this point. tee hee You know I love you!!

Kristin

Sophie said...

What a precious child, God bless her and her new family

tcup235 said...

Yeah!! I love Nadia's name (chosen for her twice apparently!!) and her beautiful, big blue eyes (perfect for the daughter of a Mom with such beautful eys!!:-). I trust there will be much joy in the journey of bringing her home. Congrats again to Kristin & Jim!!

Sophie said...

Hi Lisa,
That is such a great idea for the girls to be pen pals, I believe they're the same age, 3 1/2. My daughter's name is Mia, wouldn't that be great for them to be friends. Your right what's happening in Haiti is horrific. I actually got a call yesterday from a dear friend who is involved with Safe Families through the Lydia Foundation and she informed me they are waiting for an unknown number of orphans to come into Chicago and asked if we would be interested in taking one in. As of right now we have no news so we may be having a little visitor join us. My husband's first question was "Your going to want to adopt this one right?" Of course my response was yes if that's what God wants. But still as of yet we know nothing.
Have a great day

looneywench said...

Awwww. She's adorable. :)