Voting

Monday, October 26, 2009

It is great to have girlfriends!!!

Last week I took my youngest two girls and headed to the local park to meet up with friends. This photo shows my Kate and her friend Katie , also from Guatemala, adopted within 6 weeks of each other last year. They have not been together in some months ,but they really don't seem to feel the distance when they are together. What a sweet gift that God would bring these two girls so far from their homeland through adoption and then put them together again in their new homes and families. Katie's mom and brother were there too, as well as Olivia, and we all had a great time. I am so thankful that Kate and Katie will have each other to weather the challenges that adopted children sometimes face. Girlfriends I pray they will always be....

6 comments:

Karin said...

What a beautiful photo. They both look so precious. :) I love when God does things like putting the girls in the same town. I heart your Kate. :)

Adeye said...

What a precious, precious pic. Love that Kate has such a special little friend.

Sweet memories, dear friend.

Love you!

Kristin Ferguson said...

Wow! Kate's hair has gotten long since I last saw her. I also think it's neat that God has given me you as my friend since we're both from la-la land. tee hee

Amy said...

Beautiful photo.

Anonymous said...

Her hair looks so pretty.

Unknown said...

I love this picture. It is very beautiful! What precious girls! : )