Voting

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blue....


Another week, another theme for the I HEART FACES photo blog. This week's pictures have to have blue as a dominant color in them. I knew right away which photo I would choose. This shot was taken at the coast late in the evening. I don't usually take pictures past evening light, but the kids were running on the beach and having fun so we stayed out later. Much to our delight , as the sun was close to setting , the sky turned a beautiful deep blue and pink. So intense were the colors that they cascaded off the water and the sand. As I am photographing, I see my totally dressed 2 year old headed for the surf. I said "Kate, do not get wet!" and this was the look I got...
For more "Blue" shots, head to http://www.iheartfaces.com/

15 comments:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Beautiful.

Collyn Ware said...

This is lovely!

Hayley said...

So pretty

Leah said...

completely stunning!

jody said...

It was great seeing you yesterday. BTW, Crocs are comfy. The shoes fit Lily! My family nixed the Ana's idea so we will just have to get some of the James 1:27 ladies and go to Ana's!

Indy Cookie said...

Beautiful capture of a beautiful girl!

Karin said...

I love it..and the look on her face is priceless. :)

Amanda said...

The blues in this photo are incredible, almost purple...

Amy said...

What an absolutely amazing photo!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful photo...beautiful family.

Blessings from another touched-by- adoption, homeschooling mom. :)

Maureen said...

Simply beautiful! Love it!

Ali said...

Oh my, that expression is priceless! She seems to be saying "are you crazy"? Love this!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Can't believe you took her to the ocean and wouldn't let her get in the water! Now, go visit my blog.

Karin said...

RE: Your comment on my blog... Bahahaha! Manual, shmanual. It's not gonna happen. :)

Emily said...

Beautiful...the sky, the water, your little girl...and her expression...totally precious. And BTW, congrats to you too for your candid shot. I loved it when I first saw it.