Voting

Monday, December 15, 2008

later on the 15th

Hello again,
Today was very interesting as Randy and i spent 3 hours at the US Embassy finalizing Kate's paperwork. What a hodgepodge of American couples and families there were. We thought that ...none of those families will make any of the local papers where they come from, even though some flew half way around the world to save a life, some 2 lives. One lady seemed to be there alone and she was adopting an older boy(maybe 4) with cerebral palsey. He seemed to have a mild case, but still....how inspiring! I think everything hit me this morning sitting there in this room so far from home with a child who would really be happier with any other Guatemalan woman than me right now.( I know this will change but i don't look, sound, smell or talk the way she is use to and she would prefer i did.) Anyway, i felt extremely homesick( esp. for my girls) and could not control the tears. I slipped and thought that this was all about me again. The only thing that could get a hold on me was my God telling me that He knows full well how hard it is and that all He expects is my obedience. He doesn't expect me to welcome the trials and tribulations that may result from this adoption. He only expects me to rely on Him. So that is where my heart is right now, to be truthful. Kate was fun today. She only says a handful of words but she is very expressive. And the child cannot take a bad picture!!! Tomorrow we are off to Antigua to sightsee. Hopefully it will go well. Another couple offered us thier backpack for Kate so i think we will get it in the morning. At 3:30 we pick up Kate's visa and come back and pack for home. And then i get to face two more flights. Yeah!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Congratulations!!! She looks adorable!!!
Debbie

sweettea said...

You know, Lisa, I bet that's the way GOD feels. HE wants us to love HIM, to accept HIM, to want HIM, but we are oblivious to what's really going on and want what's familiar to us.

Bravo to you guys! Maybe someday I'll be able to...